The estimator/estimator requires the device's browser to have Flash Shockwave capabilities (correct plug-in needs to be installed - most desktop and laptop browsers will be able to handle Shockwave and most tablets and smartphones may likely not).
To use the calculator/estimator: Simply input new data in the yellow boxes. Tab to the yellow box (or place cursor in yellow box) that will have new information; highlight (select) the existing entry then type in the new data; and then press the Enter/Return key.
To reset the calculator/estimator to default values and start fresh, click the browser refresh button or click on the 'Reset' button at bottom of calculator.
How to calculate the impact of CO2 emission reductions for individual countries and U.S. states:
1. Use the bottom calculator for global CO2 emissions
2. Go here to determine individual country/state per cent reduction
3. Copy appropriate per cent from the specific green cell
4. Return to the simple calculator and paste the copied per cent into the "If global emissions were cut by (%)" yellow box
5. Press Enter/Return key
6. The resulting calculated impact (both temperature and cost) will reflect that country's future reduction efforts.